Brambles With An Elderflower Sabayon
From: Lydie Bocquillion
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cooking Time: 10 Mins
- 4 handfuls brambles (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon elderflower cordial
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 drop vanilla essence
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoon water
- A handful crushed, toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Divide the brambles into four individual bowls and sprinkle over the hazelnuts.
- In a bowl over a pan of boiling water (a bain marie), whisk the remaining ingredients until fluffy and there’s no liquid at the bottom of the bowl .
- Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- When ready pour over the brambles and serve. You can also place under a hot grill to get a bit of colour.