Dandelion, lardons and poached egg salad (Salade Paysanne)Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp mustard of your choice (not grain mustard)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil salt/pepper to taste
- 1 loaf of good bread, a rustic type works well
- 4 handful of young washed dandelion leaves, you can also use a mix of leaves with strong flavours.
- 4 slices of stricky bacon cut in little batons
- 4 free range eggs
- For the salad heat up a dry non-stick pan then drop in the bacon and melt the fat away, when dry and crispy place them on kitchen paper until ready to use.
- Poach the eggs, you want them runny in the centre.
- For the dressing mix all the ingredients in a bowl in the order listed above.
- Cut 4 slices of bread, place each slice on a plate (or the 4 slices on a platter), coat the dandelions with the dressing divide and between the 4 slices.
- Scatter the lardons and top with the egg add a grind of freshly ground pepper and serve.