Hot Smoked Salmon, Dill & Sweet Potato GalettesIngredients:
- 2 tablespoons flaked hot smoked salmon (or trout)
- 400gm grated sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- Freshly ground pepper and salt (only if cooked straight away)
- 2 lightly whisked eggs
- 1 generous tablespoon chopped dill to cook
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients (apart from the oil).
- Heat up the rapeseed oil in a non stick frying pan then drop some of the mix.
- Flatten it to half the size of a Scottish pancake (about 1⁄2 cm thick), reduce the heat and flip it over. You might need to do it a couple of times so it doesn’t burn - it takes about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- You can also slightly cook the galettes, just to give them a bit of colour, then finish off in a pre- heated oven (210 degrees centigrade) for 10 minutes.
- The galettes are delicious with a teaspoon of crème fraiche and a little salad or topped with an egg for brunch.