Hot Smoked Salmon Rillettes On Wilted Spinach In A Tangy Vinaigrette
From: Lydie Bocquillion
Prep Time: 10 Mins
- 200g hot smoked salmon
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs (parsley, coriander, dill)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped spring onion
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon double cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil Salt and pepper to taste
- A couple of drops of fish sauce (optional)
- 3 handfuls of spinach
- In a bowl, using a fork, mash the salmon with the crème fraiche and double cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix until well combined then refrigerate.
- For the vinaigrette put all the ingredients in a bowl, whisk until the sugar is dissolved.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Chop the spinach, removing the thick stems, and toss into the dressing.
- With a fork lift portions of spinach to drain some of the dressing.
- Place on an individual cold plate.
- Make some small balls with the rillettes (the size of a large walnut). Flatten or roll like a mini cigar.
- Arrange on the top of your spinach then serve.
- The rillettes can be made a few days in advance.