Latvian Beetroot Salad
- 4 beetroot (small apple-sized)
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 4 large sweet and sour gherkins (chopped into small cubes)
- Place the beetroot on tin foil (large enough to wrap them.)
- Drizzle over a few drops of olive oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Once the beetroots are wrapped place them on a tray and bake for about 2 hours (170-180 degrees).
- When cooked leave to cool completely, peel them and cut into small cubes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and taste for seasoning.
- The salad is delicious on its own but very nice with cold chicken, goats cheese, cold and oily fish.